The History of SMA
Muhammadiyah 1 Yogyakarta
1 November 1948, SMA
Muhammadiyah 1 Yogyakarta was established at Jalan Bhayangkara/ Jalan Ngupasan
led by the first principal Mr. Ghani
Dwijo Suparto and assisted by Mr. R. Muh. Mulkan Hisyam, Mr. Prof. Ir. Sugiman,
Mr. H. Moelono, and Mr. H. Anton Timur Djaelani,
18 December 1948, was
closed by Nederland Government
5 September 1949, this
school was opened again at Jalan Kauman 44 Yogyakarta (using Mr. M. Sarbini’s
house) and led by Mr. H. Anton Timur Djaelani as the principal, and assisted by
Mr. Prof. W. Sugiman, Mr. Prof. Ir. Suryo, Mr. R. Werdono Suwardi, Mr. GPH
Brontokusumo, Mr. HA. Dwijo Suparto, and Mr. H. Washool Ja’far.
During Mr. Djaelani’s
leadership, this school was moved to Jalan Notoprajan 72 Yogyakarta, and some
other students had learning process on Jalan Gendingan Yogyakarta.
This school was led by
Mr. H. Moelono
Part of this school
was moved to Gedung Madrasah Mu’alimin on Jalan Kapten Piere Tendean.
All classes were on
Jalan Kapten Piere Tendean
1 January 1970 this
school was led by Mr. Sugiharso as the principal
1 August 1983, it was
started to build the new supportive and complete school located in Petinggen
Yogyakarta. The total area is 19.445 meter square,
10.850 meter square for building, 1.500
meter square for yard, 215 meter square for sport area, 140 meter square for
garden, and 6.740 meter square for others. It is 3 story building, and the
process of development could be finished in 1985.
1985 – 2006
The principals who ever led this school are
Mr. Kamil Syahri, Mr. H.M. Kastolani, Mr. Balok Haryadi, and Mr. H.M. Abu Shoim
The new principal is
leading this school now namely Mr. Adi Waluyo, 49 years old.